How can we help?
Call us now
020 8698 1234
8AM to 8PM
7 days a week
Property for sale in Wellmeadow Road, Catford, London, SE6
Wellmeadow Road, Catford, London, SE6
Substantial Victorian end of terrace house with a garage. This property boasts a modern kitchen and bathroom. Located within a short stroll of Hither Green Station.
- 3 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 reception
- Victorian House
- End of Terrace
- Popular location
- Double Glazing
- Close to BR station
- ENTRANCE PORCH:
- Via storm porch to wood and glazed front door.
- ENTRANCE HALL:
- Under stairs storage. Dado and picture rails. Stripped wood floor.
- 25'1" x 14'1" (7.65m x 4.3m) Double glazed bay window to front aspect. Double glazed sliding door to rear. Feature fireplace with wood burning stove. Coved ceiling with ceiling rose. Double radiator. Stripped wood floor.
- 17'3" x 10'0" (5.26m x 3.07m) Double glazed window to side and rear aspects. Single glazed door to side. Fitted wall and base units with square edged work tops and under cabinet lighting. Belfast sink with mixer taps. Tiled splash back. Built-in fridge/freezer and built-in dishwasher. Plumbed for washing machine. Wall mounted boiler. Coved ceiling. Tiled floor. Low energy lighting.
- Split level. Dado rail. Stripped wood floor. Access to loft.
- BEDROOM 1:
- 17'5" x 13'6" (5.33m x 4.14m) Double glazed bay window and double glazed window to front aspect. Picture rail. 2 x radiators. Stripped wood floor. Multi panelled wood door.
- BEDROOM 2:
- 11'8" x 10'9" (3.56m x 3.28m) Double glazed window to rear aspect. Built-in wardrobes. Picture rail. Stripped wood floor. Multi panelled wood door.
- BEDROOM 3:
- 13'6" x 10'2" (4.14m x 3.1m) Double glazed window to rear aspect. Radiator. Stripped wood floor. Multi panelled wood door.
- 6'9" x 6'2" (2.08m x 1.88m) Frosted double glazed window to side aspect. Panel enclosed bath with mixer taps, wash hand basin and low level wc. Tiled walls. Heated tiled floor. Multi panelled wood door.
- REAR GARDEN:
- Laid to lawn with paved patio area. Outside tap and security light. Wood shed. Access to garage.
- FRONT GARDEN:
- Tiled path.
- Garage with 'up and over' door. Lighting.
Our area guide for Catford offers a brief overview of the town and its attractions, properties, schools, history, council tax and public transport links.
Catford, incorporating Rushey Green, is located in the London Borough of Lewisham and covers the whole SE6 postcode. It's bordered by Lewisham, Hither Green, Forest Hill, Crofton Park, Bromley, Downham and Grove Park, and sits centrally off of the south circular. There's a good spread of people and nationalities based in and around Catford, from young families to retirees, and this gives the town a balanced feel. The town's most recognisable landmark is the elevated Black Cat sculpture that marks the entrance to the Catford Centre. Sir Henry Cooper and Ben Elton are both past residents.
Catford boasts a number of large chain stores such as Tesco, Iceland and a major DIY superstore, as well as more specialist shops such as Turkish and other international supermarkets, bakers, green grocers and butchers. Catford Mews is an indoor market place with a street market that runs parallel to the theatre on Catford Broadway. Catford's individual neighbourhoods all benefit from their own parades of shops, where you'll usually find a newsagent, convenience store, a chemist and take-away outlets.
The Broadway Theatre – an impressive Art Deco building – is one of the town's best attractions, with an exciting programme of shows and events. Catford's other premium attraction is Mountsfield Park. It is one of London's best open spaces and hosts the ever-popular and well attended Lewisham People's Day in July. The park also accommodates arts and craft fairs, fairground attractions, and cultural music and dance events. Ladywell Arena running track is also close and is well used by local clubs - it is due to be used as a training camp ahead of the Olympics in 2012. Keen footballers can use the large 5-a-side football facility in the town.
Food and drink
Most of Catford's community pubs generally serve traditional English food. There's an abundance of eat-in restaurants and take-away outlets in Catford, offering Thai, Indian, Greek, Italian, Chinese and conventional fast food. Catford had one of the first curry houses to open in Britain, with meals being served as early as 1824.
The name Catford comes from the place where cattle crossed the River Ravensbourne in Saxon times. Catford was historically part of Kent until 1889, when it was absorbed into the new London County Council. Catford's oldest pub is the Black Horse and Harrow (now called the Goose on the Green). The pub has existed since at least 1700, though the present building dates from 1897.
The property in Catford is highly desirable as it's mainly made up of good sized Victorian and Edwardian homes – ideal for families and young professionals. Some of the largest properties can be found within the popular Catford Conservation area, where the houses offer three and four-bedrooms, while the Corbett estate is home to some great 19th century houses. There is still some 1930s housing stock and a small influx of new flats in the area. The rental market in Catford is thriving as the town provides a good base for commuters into London and the Docklands, as well as a cosmopolitan place for families looking for good schools.
Catford is in the Lewisham borough and these are the council tax valuation details for London Borough of Lewisham for the year 2011/2012.
|A||Up to and including £40,000||£901.29|
|B||£40,001 - £52,000||£1051.50|
|C||£52,001 - £68,000||£1201.72|
|D||£68,001 - £88,000||£1351.93|
|E||£88,001 - £120,000||£1652.36|
|F||£120,001 - £160,000||£1952.79|
|G||£160,001 - £320,000||£2253.22|
|H||More than £320,000||£2703.86|
Schools in Catford include:
- Athelney Primary School
- Holbeach Primary School
- Holy Cross RC Primary School
- Rathfern Primary School
- Rushey Green Primary School
- Sandhurst Nursery, Infant & Junior Nursery School
- Springfield Christian School
- Torridon Infants and Junior School
- Catford High School
- Sedgehill School
- St Dunstan's College
- Greenvale School
The nearest hospital to Catford is Lewisham Hospital.
Catford has two over-ground train stations just off Catford High Street – Catford and Catford Bridge. Trains run frequently to Lewisham (for the DLR), London Bridge, Waterloo East, Cannon Street, Charing Cross and Victoria. Journeys from Catford to London Bridge by train take only 10 minutes. Catford is well serviced by buses, with routes to Canada Water (for the Tube) as well as routes to central London and Bromley. The A205 South Circular runs through Catford and the A2 is only a short drive away.