COVID-19: CUSTOMER GUIDELINES – ‘Working Safely Together’
National Lockdown Government Guidance published 4th January 2021
You can still move home. People outside your household or support bubble should not help with moving house unless absolutely necessary. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work. If you are looking to move, you can go to property viewings. Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing, letting fresh air in, and wearing a face covering.
In response to the above announcement the following ABC Guidelines explain our procedures for valuations and viewings conducted at a property, plus information about our working practices and how to contact us. For further advice go to the Government website under the section titled; ‘moving home during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak’. The Robinson Jackson Group and its staff wish to thank you for your cooperation.
A. ALL CUSTOMERS
In accordance with Government guidelines, public entry to our offices is now limited. If it is essential to visit our office for ID checks, to sign documentation or exchange keys, please call us in advance. On arrival, please knock on the door and wait for staff to either come out or direct you to our designated customer meeting area. Please wear a face-covering throughout your visit.
Before all valuations or viewings, staff will ask all customers if any member of your household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating? If the answer is yes, under the guidance, we will not be able to conduct an appointment until your circumstances allow. We politely ask all customers wear a face-covering throughout both valuation and viewing appointments.
Appointments will only be conducted on the strict understanding that you have read the guidelines below and will comply with all points. Please cancel any appointments, even on the same day, if you or any member of your household develop symptoms between the time of booking and the appointment date. It is important to air on the side of caution.
B. HOMEOWNERS, LANDLORDS, TENANTS (Current Occupiers)
- Prior to any appointment current occupiers should open internal doors between rooms for easy movement around the property. All staff and visitors will be instructed not to touch anything within the property, including door handles. If you have pets and are unable to remove them during an appointment, you may shut them in a room with a note whether we can access or not. (We would advise against using primary rooms that viewers will need to see.
- The Government recommend the current occupiers vacate the property whilst viewings are taking place. Our staff will accompany potential buyers or tenants for the appointment, unless agreed otherwise. Please allow access if we do not hold keys, then return once viewings have finished. Whether you are going for a walk in the park or sit in the garden please respect social distancing. If we hold keys, they will be appropriately cleaned before and after their use.
- Our staff are regularly debriefed regarding Government guidance and will maintain social distancing during the appointment. They are advised to wash their hands / sanitise before & after entering the property and use appropriate PPE.
- After appointments of occupied properties, hard surfaces should be cleaned, this includes door handles.
- Viewings of properties where the occupier is a tenant will require additional consent for us to conduct viewings within the Government guidelines. We will, therefore, ask the owner to seek the tenant’s initial permission and supply us with their contact details. Any viewings would then be subject to the tenant agreeing to all our guidelines.
C. BUYERS OR TENANTS (Applicants)
- Only two adult members from the same household should attend the appointment. Unfortunately, children should not be allowed to enter the property.
- Remain in your car until a member of staff or the occupier invites you into the property. If you are not travelling by car or cannot park nearby, then please wait on the pavement or public space and respect social distancing.
- Follow Government public health advice to adhere to 2m social distancing, including staff that will be with you at the property. Please arrive prepared with face-coverings, plus gloves or hand sanitiser. Wash your hands/sanitise before & after entering the property and bring your own hand sanitiser. Please note, companies have been advised not to supply customers with PPE, you should, therefore, bring your own if applicable in line with current public health advice.
- Please do not touch anything within the property. If you are naturally tactile, perhaps put your hands in your pockets.
- Appointments will be kept to a maximum duration of 15 minutes, depending on the size of the property. A limited number of viewings per day may be applicable. Open houses are strictly forbidden. Further discussions about the property and our services can be undertaken outside of the appointment over the phone or a video call if convenient. Please respect the neighbours, we politely ask that you do not linger outside of the property once the appointment is over.
DAILY WORKING PRACTICES
Our flexible plan has and will evolve in line with Government updates. Staff are split between the office and working remotely to maintain safe working environments and deliver the best service for our customers.
Please contact us in the normal way, all branch details can be found on our website.