COVID-19: CUSTOMER GUIDELINES – ‘Working Safely Together’
We respectfully request all customers wear a face-covering throughout both valuation and viewing appointments.
In the interest of customer & staff safety, the Robinson Jackson Group continues to conduct safe practices. Following Government and industry body advice, we are working to the guidelines below. These may differ from other estate agents, so please read them carefully.
In response to COVID-19, the following ABC Guidelines explain our procedures for valuations and viewings conducted at a property, plus information about our working practices and how to contact us. For further Government information about moving home during the pandemic visit, ‘moving home during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak’.
A. ALL CUSTOMERS
Public entry to our offices is currently by appointment only. If it is essential to visit our office for ID checks, sign documentation or exchange keys, please call us in advance. On arrival, please knock on the door and wait for staff to either come out or direct you to our designated customer meeting area. Please wear a face-covering throughout your visit.
Before valuations or viewings, staff will ask all customers if any member of your household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or is self-isolating? If the answer is yes, under the guidance, we will not be able to conduct an appointment until your circumstances allow. We respectfully request all customers wear a face-covering throughout both valuation and viewing appointments.
Appointments will only be conducted on the strict understanding that you have read the guidelines below and will comply with all points. Please cancel any appointments, even on the same day, if you or any member of your household develop symptoms between the time of booking and the appointment date. It is essential to air on the side of caution.
B. HOMEOWNERS, LANDLORDS, TENANTS (Current Occupiers)
- Before any appointment, current occupiers should open internal doors between rooms for easy movement around the property. All staff and visitors will be instructed not to touch anything within the property, including door handles. If you have pets and are unable to remove them during an appointment, you may shut them in a room with a note whether we can access or not. (We would advise against using primary rooms that viewers will need to see.)
- Our staff are regularly debriefed regarding company guidelines and will maintain social distancing during the appointment. They are advised to wash their hands / sanitise before & after entering the property and use appropriate PPE.
- After appointments of occupied properties, hard surfaces should be cleaned, this includes door handles.
- Viewings of properties where the occupier is a tenant will require additional consent for us to conduct viewings within the guidelines. We will, therefore, ask the owner to seek the tenant’s initial permission and supply us with their contact details. Any viewings would then be subject to the tenant agreeing to all our guidelines.
C. BUYERS OR TENANTS (Applicants)
- Only two adult members should attend the appointment. Children are welcome to attend, however, we ask they remain with their parents during the viewing.
- Please adhere to social distancing and COVID safe practices. Wash your hands/sanitise before and after entering the property, and bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Please do not touch anything within the property. If you are naturally tactile, perhaps put your hands in your pockets.
- Appointments will be kept to a maximum duration of 15 minutes, depending on the size of the property. A limited number of viewings per day may be applicable. Open houses are strictly forbidden.
Please get in touch with us with any questions. All branch details can be found on our website.