Homes selling fast in your area
We’re selling homes twice as quickly as the national average – taking just 44 days, which is a huge difference to the 89 days recently reported in the press.
Confirmation of our double-quick rate of sales came during the same month when two separate property organisations released data on how long it takes a property to go under offer, subject to contract.
Both Rightmove and Home.co.uk figures paint a picture of a slow-moving sales market but we are proudly bucking the trend by selling homes in less than half the time reported. In fact, some of our branches are reporting average sales periods from as little as 31 days – that’s remarkably quicker than the 89 day national average reported by Home.co.uk, and significantly quicker than the 72 days reported by Rightmove.
Our average-busting, super-fast rate of sales is no accident, as Neil Smith the Branch Manager at our Bexleyheath office, explains. “Our listing to sold figures – 31 days at my branch, 33 at Plumstead, 34 at Chatham and 36 at Strood are just a few examples – reflect the emphasis we put on sales techniques that are designed to deliver fast results. We focus on five key areas that put us two steps in front of others.”
Our sales success top 5
1. Honest price advice – because we sell such a high volume of local homes, we can offer our customers the best advice. ‘Pricing to sell’ is key in the current marketplace if you want to move quickly. If the price is wrong, buyers will simply overlook a property and view others. We recently received a great video from a customer, Chris Pledger, who highlights my point: “The most useful advice Robinson Jackson gave was about price - the price was right and everyone came to view the property!” Click to view video
2. Property presentation – we design and create marketing to turn heads, whether it’s our window displays, professional photography service or beautifully presented details. We also advise our sellers how to prepare their property in advance of viewings, so the impact for buyers is instant.
3. Buyers waiting – we have a vast database of buyers registered with us waiting for the right home and their numbers are rising all the time. In fact, because of our reputation for carrying a wide selection of property, we’re adding approximately 4,000 new buyer applicants to our waiting list every month.
4. Motivated sales environment – our staff only receive commission once a property has completed and this is a massive incentive. It’s proven that this creates the best sales environment and delivers the best results for customers – in terms of both the price achieved and speed of sale. It surprises us how many agents continue to rely on simply posting properties to Rightmove and expect the phones to ring. Online agents (such as Purplebricks, Yopa, eMoov and House Simple) don’t even employ a sales team; therefore we question how this can produce the quickest sales, versus a proactive, local sales team that is making hundreds of outbound calls every day - packing our viewing diaries with potential buyers for customers’ properties.
5. Partnerships with the top property websites – we’ve worked hard to create excellent relationships with Rightmove and Zoopla, so the properties we list stand out from the crowd. We can also give our customers priority over others by offering premium listings at no extra cost. Far from leaving our advertising to become stale on the internet, every property is monitored closely for fluctuations in demand. We have many tricks up our sleeve if interest levels start to tail-off; we can react quickly in order to boost viewing levels.
“Our hard work doesn’t end once we have accepted an offer,” adds Neil. “Negotiating a sale is just a small part of the journey. If you’ve sold a property before, you’ll appreciate that the hard work starts once an offer has been accepted. It’s claimed that between 30-40% of properties that go under offer in England fall apart and never completes. The frailty of any sales transaction makes this period very nerve-racking for many. This is why we provide every customer with a dedicated Sales Progressor.”
The Robinson Jackson Group invests in Sales Progressors whose sole job it is to hold chains together and reduce the time it takes for a sale to go through to completion. “Hardly any estate agents provide this level of valuable resource in-house and while online agents offer some support via a call centre facility, they tend to be remote and not hands-on enough to make a difference to the experience. When you add together our rapid sales rate and our Sales Progression service, we offer sellers a genuinely quick route to moving home,” concludes Neil.
For the best chance of selling at a pace that meets your plans, contact your local branch today.All News ≫