MOVING TO A NEW AREA?
South East London and North Kent are full of fantastic towns and villages. If you'd like to know a little more about the local areas, choose from our guides below.
For a FREE Valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.
Bromley Area Guide
Already an established suburban location, Bromley is forging ahead with an exciting regeneration strategy. The transformation of St Mark’s Square, Bromley North Village and the Churchill Quarter are part of a bigger masterplan enriching the town’s leisure and retail facilities, as well as delivering over 1,000 new homes and a new cinema.
It’s the largest borough in Greater London, set between Beckenham and Chislehurst. To the south of the town lie Petts Wood, Bromley Common and West Wickham – sharing borders with glorious Kentish countryside – while Croydon and Crystal Palace are easily accessible from the north of the borough.
The BIG 3:
- Two train stations - Bromley North and Bromley South – with lines to Blackfriars, Farringdon, St Pancras, London Bridge, Waterloo East and Charing Cross
- Nearby stations include Bickley, Sundridge Park, Shortlands and Ravensbourne
- Tramlink service to Wimbledon operating from Beckenham Junction
- A21 close by
A wide choice of primary and secondary schools can be found across the borough, including two grammar schools – one each for boys and girls. There’s a ‘find-a-school’ facility on every one of our online property listings, where you can filter schools by age, type and Ofsted rating.
Bromley has an unmistakable family feel, with every generation enjoying the wide open spaces, town centre shopping and leisure facilities. There’s a healthy coffee shop culture, powered by both independent cafés and big chains, while diners can choose from a variety of restaurants. Catch a play at the Churchill Theatre, browse Bethlem Gallery or treat the kids to a swim session at The Pavilion – complete with wave machine and water fountains.
Food & Drink
Our Orpington staff recommend:
- Havet, for Turkish-Cypriot food
- Assos, for great value set menus
- Cow & Pig, for the chef’s table experience
- Aqua Bar & Grill, for Mediterranean flavours
- Cantinho Sul, for great steaks
- The Partridge, for weekly events
- Barrel & Horn, for live music and cocktails
- Metropolis Bar, for DJs and karaoke
Top of the range are homes in the Bickley and Sundridge Park enclaves, where large detached houses sell for in excess of £1 million. Bromley Common is a popular choice among families, with a selection of spacious modern homes, a village community and cricket team. Bromley town centre itself is home to a wide variety of property types, with the town’s regeneration yielding a number of new homes.
For a FREE valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.