MOVING TO A NEW AREA?
South East London and North Kent are full of fantastic towns and villages. If you'd like to know a little more about the local areas, choose from our guides below.
For a FREE Valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.
Orpington Area Guide
Orpington is basking in the glory of a recent town centre regeneration, with residents enjoying a new Odeon cinema, improved retail facilities and a glut of new restaurants. The town sits within the greenest borough in Greater London – Bromley – with over 160 parks to explore.
Although Orpington is in Greater London, it perches on the edge of Kent not too far from Biggin Hill and Sevenoaks. The town centre is surrounded by some highly desirable villages, including Chelsfield, Knockholt, Farnborough, Keston and Pratts Bottom.
The BIG 3:
- Own mainline station in Zone 6
- Direct services to London Bridge, Charing Cross, Victoria, Cannon Street and Blackfriars
- Neighbouring stations at Chelsfield, Petts Wood and St Mary Cray
- Located close to junction 4 of the M25
There is a good selection of schools and colleges in the Orpington area - of particular note is Darrick Wood and the local grammars, St Olaves and Newstead Wood. There’s a ‘find-a-school’ facility on every one of our online property listings, where you can filter schools by age, type and Ofsted rating.
The £10 million regeneration of Orpington High Street has been a revelation. The additional food, drink and cinema facilities perfectly complement the bowling alley, indoor leisure centre, acres of outdoor space and open air sports facilities, making Orpington a top family-friendly town. Don’t miss the Priory Gardens - where the pond is the source of the River Cray – and the Bromley Museum.
Food & Drink
Our Orpington staff recommend:
- Chapter One in Farnborough Common, for fine dining
- Cow & Pig British Kitchen, for excellent steaks
- BR6, the student-led restaurant and bakehouse
- The Chelsfield, for real ales
- The British Queen brasserie and pub, for food with a French twist
- One in the Wood, a microbrewery in Petts Wood
There is a very diverse mix of property in Orpington, ranging from starter homes through to substantial detached mansions set within private parks, such as Chelsfield Park, Keston Park and Farnborough Park. History lovers will find a good deal of period properties, while the recent regeneration has kick started new build developments in the town, with some ultra smart apartments springing up.
For a FREE valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.