MOVING TO A NEW AREA?
South East London and North Kent are full of fantastic towns and villages. If you'd like to know a little more about the local areas, choose from our guides below.
For a FREE Valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.
Swanscombe & Greenhithe Area Guide
Swanscombe & Greenhithe snapshot
This corner of Kent is where exciting things happen, first came Bluewater, then Ebbsfleet International train station. Excellent road links, leafy villages and some of Kent’s best new developments complete the picture.
Swanscombe & Greenhithe: where?
Overlooking the water to Grays in Essex, Swanscombe and Greenhithe sit on a sharp bend of the River Thames. Dartford is to the west, Longfield to the south and Gravesend to the east. Residential offshoots include Bean and New Barn, as well as the ‘Parks’ – several new developments that have become mini towns in their own right.
The BIG 3:
- Mainline stations at both Swanscombe and Greenhithe
- Services to London Bridge, Cannon Street, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Lewisham (for the DLR)
- Ebbsfleet International station close by, for the high speed line to St Pancras and the Eurostar to Europe
- Quick access to the M25, Dartford river crossing and the A2
The choice of primary and secondary schools in the Swanscombe and Greenhithe areas is plentiful. There’s a ‘find-a-school’ facility on every one of our online property listings, where you can filter schools by age, type and Ofsted rating.
While residents wait for the theme park to arrive, they can busy themselves at Bluewater. Much more than a shopping centre, it’s also home to bars, cafés and restaurants, a cinema, trampoline centre, adventure park, young driver experience and seasonal events throughout the year. Also make time for the abbey at Ingress Park - built from reclaimed stone from the old London Bridge - and a stroll around Beacon Wood Country Park.
Food & Drink
Our Swanscombe staff recommend:
- The Spring River, for its carvery
- The George & Dragon, for almost 50 types of gin
- Pier Hotel in Greenhithe Village, for waterside views
- Wahaca in Bluewater, for Mexican street food
- No Frills Joe Brewery and Tap Room in Greenhithe
- The Bull, for a post shopping tipple
Swanscombe & Greenhithe property
Greenhithe has become an epicentre for house building. Ingress Park, Greenhithe Village, Worcester Park, St Clements Lakes, Stone Village, Saxon Park, Waterstone Park, Castle Hill and Neptune Park are always in high demand. Swanscombe is peppered with predominantly Victorian and 1920s style properties, while Bean has a mixture of large detached properties, 1970s-built family homes and two modern developments.
For a FREE valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.