Welcome to Welling
Our area guide for living in Welling, including Falconwood, offers a brief overview of the town and its attractions, properties, schools, history, council tax and public transport links.
With its award-winning Danson Park and top performing schools, Welling is a haven for families who need to balance a quick commute to London with a leafy suburban setting. Its bustling High Street provides a community focal point, with The Cannon - a 36-pound Russian carronade - the town’s most recognisable landmark.
Welling and its sister town, Falconwood, are located in the Greater London Borough of Bexley. The towns are bordered by Bexleyheath, Eltham, Bostall Heath, Shooters Hill, Blackfen and Plumstead.
The BIG 3:
- Mainline train station just off Welling High Street
- Services to Lewisham (for the DLR), London Bridge, Waterloo East, Cannon Street, Charing Cross and Victoria
- Bus routes to the O2 Arena in Greenwich (for the Jubilee line), to Woolwich (for Crossrail) and to Bluewater
- A2 junction at Welling (Danson Interchange) and at Falconwood (Rochester Way)
Bexley Borough has four grammar schools and one of the best, Bexley Grammar, is located in Welling. There’s a ‘find-a-school’ facility on every one of our online property listings, where you can filter schools by age, type and Ofsted rating.
Award-winning Danson Park is hard to beat, featuring a boating/fishing lake, a restaurant, a Palladium mansion, a pub, a swing and splash park, and a plethora of sporting facilities. The park also hosts festivals, circuses and fairgrounds. Falconwood offers some great woodland walks, through Falconwood Fields, Falconwood Meadow and Oxleas Woods - the latter with a great café.
Food & Drink
Our Welling staff recommend:
- Danson Stables, for outside seating
- The Boat House, for Sunday carvery roasts
- Chupitos, for tapas
- The Door Hinge, Welling’s only micro pub
- Wings Bar, for late night drinks and dancing
- Balseros Latino Bar, for Argentinean/Brazilian dishes
Good sized 1930s semi-detached homes are Welling and Falconwood’s hallmark – attracting families and young couples. Some of the largest properties can be found to the rear of Danson Park in South Welling and towards Shooters Hill, and there is still some Victorian housing stock and a small influx of new flats.
For a FREE valuation or general advice contact your local branch today.
All of our branches are open until late, even on Sundays.
To make sure we turn enquiries into viewings, we are available 8am to 8pm, seven days a week. Our longer opening hours are a huge advantage when selling a property. Ask a member of staff to show you their diary on a Sunday and you’ll be amazed by the number of appointments.